Lincoln Public Schools hosted a free presentation today which featured lessons learned from LPS Superintendent Steve Joel and members of his staff after the Memorial Day fire that destroyed the LPS District Office facility.
Members shared their experiences, thoughts and suggestions in crisis management.
Lincoln area businesses and organizations learned key elements to consider as they prepare their own recovery plans.
Lessons presented included:
· Leadership in a crisis
· Basics from the business side: finding temporary offices, handling the old site, relocating to new sites
· Computing services issues
· What happens with Human Resources
· Dealing with insurance
· Communications in a crisis
· Significance of relationships
"We invited the school to come and talk about this experience because we thought it would be very valuable for community leaders to understand what they went through and how they recovered and how we can do a better job just in case it confronts us as an issue," Alan Fosler, Senior Vice President of Union Bank said.