Cat killed in Lincoln house fire

By  | 

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - A family is out of their home and mourning the loss of their pet after a fire in northwest Lincoln.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue was called to the home, not far from 11th and Superior, just after 6:30 p.m. Sunday.

According to LFR, the fire started in the basement when clothes were knocked onto a dehumidifier. They overheated and then ignited.

After smoke alarms went off, the homeowners and their dog made it out of the home safely. A cat was later found dead in the home.

Damage from the fire is estimated at $75,000.