LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) -- The eclipse is almost here. There are several events happening across the state to help celebrate and enjoy the eclipse, including a celebration at Homestead National Monument of America in Beatrice.
But N-DOT is preparing for as many as 500,000 new drivers for the eclipse, so it could be very busy and travel could take some time. That means it's important to plan ahead and leave early.
But you don't have to travel too far for some fun. Below are some events happening right here in Lincoln.
· The Saltdogs are offering a "Black Out Bundle" for Monday's game, and the game is scheduled to stop for spectators to view the eclipse. You can find more about that by clicking here.
Haymarket Park will also be the site of a Science and Engineering Expo, on Monday. You can find more on that by clicking here.
· The Nebraska History Museum is hosting a Free Family Fun Day on Saturday. You can find more about that by clicking here.
· Mueller Planetarium presents "Eclipses & Phases of the Moon" on Saturday. You can find out more about that by clicking here.
· The International Quilt Study Center & Museum will open a special pop-up exhibition of quilts Friday-Sunday. You can find out more on that by clicking here.
· And Blue Blood Brewing is offering a yoga class on Monday before the eclipse. Afterward, you can stay and enjoy food and a drink if you choose. They will also have eclipse glasses on hand. You can find out more on that by clicking here.
And, of course, many other events are taking place this weekend and on Monday. For other events here in Lincoln, you can check out the Lincoln events page by clicking here.