Investigator traces Hastings fire to molding machine

By  | 

HASTINGS, Neb. (KSNB) - The state fire marshal Wednesday said the Hastings fire at the Five Star Molding plant was an accident caused by an operational issue with one of the molding machines.

The fire broke out shortly after 1:00 p.m. Tuesday at the plant located at 1503 West I street in Hastings. Firefighters from Hastings, Glenvil, Clay Center, Grand Island, Juniata and the Hastings Rural Fire Department were called to the scene.

Firefighters had the fire under control within an hour. All employees of the plant escaped safely and there were no reported injuries.

No firm estimate of damages was available Wednesday afternoon, but a Hastings Fire department spokesperson said it would likely be thousands of dollars.

Read the original version of this article at www.ksnblocal4.com.