HOLDREGE, Neb. (KSNB) - A freshman boy was removed from Holdrege High school Tuesday after he allegedly threatened a small number of his classmates.
Holdrege superintendent Todd Hilyard told Local4 they became aware of a threat earlier in the week. Hilyard, along with the Holdrege Police Department and the Nebraska State Patrol investigated the threat Monday night and Tuesday morning. The threat was directed at a small number of students and teachers. Hilyard said the boy was removed from class about noon on Tuesday.
In a prepared statement, Hilyard said there is no safety concern at Holdrege high school, middle school or elementary school.
Holdrege Police Chief Dennis Damoude said the student was not taken into custody. The police department is still investigating the incident. Once the investigation is finished the matter may be referred to the Phelps County attorney to determine what, if any, further action to take.