LINCOLN, Neb. – A pair of overnight fires in Lincoln sent two people to the hospital and left several displaced.
The first fire was called in shortly after 9 p.m. Saturday at the 2600 block of N 5th St., near 5th St. and Nance Ave.
Lincoln Fire and Rescue Capt. Rick Schneider said the residents were able to escape without injury.
Capt. Schneider said the cause is believed to have been electrical, but an investigation is still ongoing.
The fire is being ruled as accidental.
Capt. Schneider said the fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage.
At about 2:40 a.m. Sunday, Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews were called to a fire at Raintree Apartments at the 100 block of N 32nd St.
LFR Capt. Rick Schneider said two people were transported to the hospital to be evaluated.
Fire inspectors said the cause of the fire was unattended food, and Capt. Schneider said the fire caused an estimated $130,000 in damage.
No other injuries were reported.