More than 11,600 Walmart associates in Nebraska will soon receive pay increases and bonuses totaling $4,388,739. Walmart is also significantly expanding parental leave and adoption benefits for its associates statewide.
The increased wages and benefits in Nebraska are part of Walmart’s Jan. 11 announcement that it is raising the starting wage rate for hourly associates across the country to $11. Walmart will provide a one-time cash bonus of up to $1,000 to eligible associates as well as expand its benefits offerings. The changes place Walmart as one of the leading companies in America when it comes to parental leave.
Here are some highlights specific to Nebraska:
- More than 11,600 Walmart associates in Nebraska will soon receive wage increases and bonuses totaling $4,388,739.
- More than 320 Walmart associates in Nebraska will receive a wage increase of more than $556,700
- More than 11,600 Walmart associates in Nebraska qualify for a one-time cash bonus totaling $3,831,950
- In Nebraska and across the country, associates will receive expanded parental and adoption benefits including:
- Full-time hourly associates in the U.S. receive 10 weeks of paid maternity leave and six weeks of paid parental leave
- Salaried associates will receive six weeks of paid parental leave
- Full-time hourly and salaried associates will receive up to $5,000 per child in financial assistance to support adoptions