LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) -- Mayor Chris Beutler said Lincoln is ready to welcome Husker fans to the Capital City for another season of Nebraska football. The first of the Huskers’ seven home games starts at 7 p.m. Saturday, September 2 against Arkansas State.
· The University of Nebraska has implemented a clear bag policy to enter Memorial Stadium this year. Backpacks and umbrellas are also not allowed in the stadium.
· Fans should lock their vehicles and move valuable items out of sight.
· Drinking alcohol is prohibited on City streets, parking lots, garages and sidewalks, including the trail between Haymarket Park and 8th Street.
· The sale of tickets, souvenirs or other items is not allowed on City streets or sidewalks.
· Officers will issue citations for violations that inhibit the use of the street or sidewalk.
· The sale of food, flowers or balloons requires a sidewalk vendor permit.
Parking meters are enforced Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The following fine system is in effect:
· If the ticket is paid online within seven days from when it is written, the fine is $9.
· If the ticket is paid in person or through the mail within seven days, the fine is $10.
· If the ticket is paid after seven days, the fine is $25 in person or by mail or $24 online.
To avoid parking tickets, fans can purchase a $10 tag for all-day, on-street parking in metered stalls from any City employee wearing a Park & Go shirt at City-operated parking facilities.
Fans can also reserve pre-paid parking in the Haymarket and other City garages through parkandgo.org. Rates for the four West Haymarket garages are $20, and the other rates vary by garage. Limited parking will be available for $25 in the VIP Parking Garage attached to the southwest side of Pinnacle Bank Arena. Parking garages available in the West Haymarket are:
· Red 1, 555 “R” Street
· Green 2, 530 “P” Street
· Blue 3, 535 “P” Street
· Lumberworks, 700 “N” Street
Reserved, reduced-price, pre-paid football parking is also available through parkandgo.org for these locations:
· County-City lots - North (10th and “K”), South (701 S. 10th) and West (802 “J”) - $15 on site and $10 online
· Carriage Park (1120 “L”), Cornhusker Square (1220 “L”) and Center Park (1100 “N”) - $20 on site, $15 online
· Haymarket (9th and “Q”), Lincoln Station South (7th and “P”), Market Place (10th and “Q”), Que Place (1111 “Q”), Red 1 (555 “R”), Green 2 (530 “P”), Blue 3 (535 “P”), University Square (101 N. 14th), Larson Building (1317 “Q”), West Depot lot (676 “O”), Lumberworks (700 “N”) - $25 on site, $20 online
· Sun Valley and Charleston St. lot near Oak Lake Park - vehicle parking is $10 on site and online; RV parking is $50 on site and $45 online
· “N” Street Gravel lot, “N” Street and Arena Drive - vehicle parking is $25 on site only; RV parking is $70 on site and $65 online
· 14th and New Hampshire lot - vehicle parking is $10, and RV parking is $20 (gameday purchase only)
Grills are not allowed in City garages. Grills are allowed at the 14th and New Hampshire lot and at the Sun Valley and Charleston lot. Fans planning to stay Friday night on City property must purchase their parking online and display the permit in their RV overnight. RV parking is not allowed at the Haymarket Park baseball/softball complex.
UNL parking lots will be available for use six hours prior to kick off. Gameday parking information and maps are available at parking.unl.edu/ (keyword: football). Parking is available at the following University areas on game days:
· 17th and “R” garage - $25 day of game, $175 season
· 19th and Vine garage - $25 day of game, $175 season
· 15th and Vine streets - $25
· 1410 “Q” St. - $25
· 16th and “X” streets - $25
· Anderson Hall, 16th St. between “P” and “Q” streets - $25
· Beadle Center, 19th St. north of “S” St. - $25
· 900 North 22nd St. - $25
· 22nd and Vine streets - $25
· 23rd and “W” streets - $25
· 1700 “Y” St - $25
· N. 14th and Court streets - $10
· 16th and Court streets - $10
· 14th Street and Military Road - $10
Wheelchair accessible parking is available for $25 per vehicle at UNL Lot 5, Stadium Drive and Salt Creek Roadway. Handicapped parking is available at:
· Mabel Lee Hall (vans only) - $25
· 14th and R streets - $25
· 14th and Avery garage - $25, with free cart shuttle
· 14th and “U” streets, east of Morrill Hall - $25
· 14th St. between Vine and “W” streets, free on-street parking where available
A number of private lots are available. Rates vary, and some offer season passes.
Vehicles blocking driveways, parked too close to the intersection, parked on public right of way or interfering with vehicle or pedestrian traffic will be towed. Vehicles will also be subject to towing if parked on job sites or driving lanes on streets or in unfinished areas. Vehicles towed by order of the Police or a Parking Control Officer are subject to a $50 towing fine in addition to the $49.53 required to retrieve a vehicle from the impoundment lot. The towing fine does not apply to cars towed from private lots.
BIG RED EXPRESS
In addition to its regular routes, StarTran will provide its Big Red Express service on Husker game days starting two hours before kickoff from six locations:
· The City Municipal Service Center (I-80 airport, exit 399), 949 W. Bond (take first right north of McDonald’s)
· Southeast Community College, 88th and “O” streets, south parking lot
· Holmes Lake, 70th Street and Normal, north end of lake
· Gateway Mall, 61st and “O” streets, north of JC Penney
· SouthPointe Pavilions, 27th and Pine Lake Road, south of Von Maur
· North Star High School (I-80 airport exit 403), 5801 N. 33rd St. (six blocks east of 27th Street and Folkways Blvd.)
Buses will drop off and depart from “R” Street between 12th and 14th streets. The last bus will leave the lot 45 minutes prior to kickoff. The cost is $5 each way, and exact change is required. Electronic signs will help direct fans to the Big Red Express locations. Big Red Express season tickets, good for round-trip travel for all home games, are available for $50, a $20 savings, at StarTran, 710 “J” Street; the SouthPointe Pavilions office; Scheel’s at SouthPointe; or at the lots on game day. Tickets also can be purchased via smart phone by texting “TOKEN” to 41411 to receive a download link. For more information, call 402-476-1234 or visit startran.lincoln.ne.gov.