Nebraska Farmers Can Get Emergency Loans

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

The state's Farm Services Agency says some Nebraska farmers can get emergency loans from the US Department of Agriculture to help recover from storm damage.

FSA executive director Brian Wolford says farmers in Lancaster, Cass, Gage, Saline, Butler, Jefferson, Johnson, Otoe, Pawnee, Sarpy, Saunders, Seward, Thayer, and York counties can apply for the relief.

The most that can be borrowed is $500,000. The current interest rate on the emergency loans is 3.75-percent.

The money can be used to replace or repair farm equipment, livestock or buildings that were damaged during the storms.

The FSA says farmers have until January 25, 2005 to submit loan applications.

KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email :
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 807427 -
Gray Television, Inc.