Update: Man Injured in Ashland Garage Explosion

By  | 

At least one person was injured in an explosion and fire Wednesday afternoon in Ashland, Nebraska.

It happened around 3 p.m. in a house on Schropp Circle.

According to Ashland Volunteer Fire Chief Brian Whitehead, a man was working on a jet ski in the garage of the house when the explosion happened. The man then ran to a nearby house for help, and was later transported to St. Elizabeth's Regional Medical Center. He was the only person home at the time of the fire and the only person injured. However, a dog was killed in the fire.

There was extensive damage to the house. At least 25 firefighters from Ashland, Mead, Greenwood & Waverly were on the scene for at least two hours after the incident occurred putting out hot spots that continued to flare up.

1011 News is on location and will update you on any new developments with this story as they become available.





 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus