A small fire broke out and neighbors alerted him to the danger.
Ken Boelder had just got done with a long day of work.
"I didn't even know my house was on fire, I was in the living room eating and the neighbors came running over, your house is on fire," said Boelder.
It happened at 5:45 Saturday evening at 3212 W Street where Boelder is in the midst of a three month long renovation project.
LFR Inspector, Donald Gross said, "The heat gun he was using produced enough heat with the older house and the drier wood and the type of construction material, it started a smoldering fire."
Luckily firefighters were able to put it out quickly and the fire only caused $1,500 in damage.