1011Now | Lincoln, Grand Island, Nebraska | News, Weather, Sports

LFR: Careless Smoking to Blame for Apartment Fire

By: 1011 News
By: 1011 News

Fire officials say careless smoking may be to blame for an overnight fire.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue responded to a call from 11th and D Streets around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, on a report of an apartment fire with one person still inside.

LFR crews found no one inside and no one injured.

Crews tell 10/11 News they believe the fire was started by careless smoking.

The fire was contained to one of the second story rooms and the investigation is ongoing.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 242549911 - 1011now.com/a?a=242549911