1011Now | Lincoln, Grand Island, Nebraska | News, Weather, Sports

10/11 WEATHER ALERT DAY IN EFFECT

Weather Alert Day

Early Detection of Smoldering Wires Saves House from Damage

By: 10/11 News Team Email
By: 10/11 News Team Email

Residents notice smoke and call fire crews before fire could damage the home.

Just after 9:00 p.m., Lincoln Fire & Rescue was called to the 1700 Block of C Street for the smell of smoke in a house.

According to Battalion Chief Derald Murrell, the smoke was from overheated wires in the attic which were smoldering.

Murrell said there was no damage caused by the wires and the residents are able to stay in the home.

Traffic was rerouted away from 17th Street for about 45 minutes while crews investigated the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180940301