Residents notice smoke and call fire crews before fire could damage the home.
Just after 9:00 p.m., Lincoln Fire & Rescue was called to the 1700 Block of C Street for the smell of smoke in a house.
According to Battalion Chief Derald Murrell, the smoke was from overheated wires in the attic which were smoldering.
Murrell said there was no damage caused by the wires and the residents are able to stay in the home.
Traffic was rerouted away from 17th Street for about 45 minutes while crews investigated the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.