NORTH PLATTE, Neb. -- The North Platte Fire Department responded to a call of a house fire at Patriot Park early Tuesday morning.
The homeowner, Karl Jones, says he was inside doing laundry when the fire started.
"I think it was in the dryer. It either overheated or shorted out or something."
Fire crews arrived to the burning trailer around midnight as the fire quickly spread from the laundry room of Karl Jones home at 2300 East Phillip.
"Well I just smelled smoke and I went back to check it and I got about three-quarters of the way down the hallway and I seen the glow in the bathroom and it was coming from by the dryer was at."
Jones says he quickly grabbed his sleeping wife along with some of their medications and evacuated the house. By the time fire crews arrived on scene flames were shooting out of the trailer.
"It was fully involved. In the middle here you can see where it was all burned out, flames coming from there and we got a pretty quick knockdown on it," North Platte Fire Department Captain Melvin Everhart says.
Only the property inside the trailer was insured and Red Cross is offering assistance to the family.
"There's not much we can do about it. We're both alive and stuff in the trailer is just possessions," Jones says.
Unfortunately for the homeowners, the trailer is a complete loss and the cause of the fire remains under investigation.