People Gather at Biker Bar to Pay Respects to Lincoln Man

By  | 

More than 100 people packed The Keg in Lincoln to pay their last respects to William "Bill" Strahan Wednesday night.

Strahan was badly injured in a fire the day after Christmas. A close friend tells 10/11 News Bill is being prepared as an organ donor and funeral arrangements are underway.

Bill frequented The Keg at 20th and O Streets on Wednesdays for Bike Night. Wednesday afternoon a Facebook Event was created calling for his friends to come together to remember Bill. The invitation reads: "Our dear friend William Strahan has gone to ride with the Angels. I would like to dedicate tonight's Bike Night to his remembrance. Bill was a wonderful man loved by many. You will be missed deeply Bill but never leave our hearts."

The fire started around 2:30 a.m. Monday in the living room of Bill's home at 1721 Prospect Street.

Officials said an 18-year-old man was asleep when two dogs knocked over a candle and ashtray sitting on a TV tray. Officials said the candle or ashtray likely fell on something combustible and started the flames.

The 18-year-old male ran out of the house and dialed 911 while Bill, his girlfriend and her 14-year-old son were trapped on the second floor.

Strahan's girlfriend and her son jumped out a second floor window onto an adjoining roof and escaped unharmed.

Strahan was pulled out of the house and taken to Bryan LGH hospital in critical condition.

The fire has been deemed "unintentional".