Residents of an apartment were forced to relocate after a fire on the stove.
Early Sunday morning, Lincoln Fire & Rescue were called to The Lodge Apartments in the 5100 block of S. 40th Street for a fire in an apartment.
Crews arrived to find fire in the fan hood above the stove and lots of smoke.
LFR officials said the fire was started when hot oil on the stove ignited and then spread up to the hood.
The fire was contained to the stove and hood areas and did not extend into the walls.
Residents of the building were forced to evacuate until the investigation was done.
Occupants of the apartment were relocated with the assistance of the American Red Cross, because of the smoke damage to the apartment.
No one was injured.