A family with seven kids is safe thanks to an alert neighbor.
Just before 1:30 Saturday morning, Lincoln Fire and Rescue responded to the 1700 block of southwest 23rd on reports of a car fire.
Scott Grammer says his neighbor's Chevy Trailblazer was fully engulfed in the driveway when he called 911. Then he went to wake up the homeowners.
The fire melted siding on the home, showing how close the flames were to igniting the house.
LFR says the cause of the blaze is electrical.
The neighbors say they're grateful to have someone looking out for them.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.