Lincoln Fire and Rescue and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department investigated a strange odor in a storage garage southwest of 27th & Superior Streets.
A strong ammonia smell was coming from R & R Auto Salvage at 4101 N. 27th Street. Firefighters found cleaning solutions in the storage shed but so far nothing else of concern.
The investigation began Tuesday around 9 a.m. and wrapped up around 11:15 a.m.
Even though investigators found no danger, they say it's better to be safe than sorry.
"If people experience odors like this and everything (it's) very important to go ahead and call 911 and get the fire department to respond first and particularly if they have dizziness in their home," said Harry Heafer, Lincoln/Lancaster County Environmental Health Specialist. "Dizziness this time of year could be carbon monoxide causing that; you don't smell it, taste it, but if you're feeling dizzy like that in your house for awhile you should definitely call and have it inspected and checked out."