Five fire departments responded to a grass fire near Clatonia on Wednesday evening.
The fire was near a home on SW 58th Road and West Ash Road.
Hallam Fire Chief, Duane Aksamit, says a shed was fully engulfed when he arrived. Crews had the flames out within fifteen minutes.
Aksamit says the fire destroyed the shed with several ATV's inside, but did not damage a home. No one was hurt.
Aksamit doesn't know what started the grass fire.
The property owner's daughter, Staci Estle, said without a neighbor's help, it could have been a disaster.
"I just want to thank our neighbor, Larry. He was the first one on the scene and was the one to spot the fire. I know that without him, this could have been way worse. I'm also thankful for all of the firefighters. They came so quick," Estle said.
Estle and her father had plans to take their ATV's out this weekend. Their plans are ruined but she's just happy her family is safe.