An outdoor grille is believed to be the source of a house fire which destroyed a home in rural Denton.
It happened around 8:40 Sunday evening at a home in the 10200 block of SW 119th Street.
Crete Fire Chief Mahlon Kohl said the fire started with a BBQ grill on the back deck. He says the grill either tipped over or spilled onto the deck, starting the house on fire.
According to Kohl, firefighters from six departments fought the fire defensively because it was fully involved when crews got there, and everyone was confirmed to be out of the house.
Those departments include: Crete, Southwest Rural Fire, Southeast Rural Fire, Hallam, Pleasant Dale and Air Guard.
Kohl said one person suffered some minor burns to the hand but was not sure if the victim would be going to the hospital for treatment
Firefighters were able to save a barn near the home, however a few trees on the property were damaged.
The State Fire Marshal is on scene investigating.
The home is considered to be a total loss.