Near McCool Junction, NE-- York county officials tell 10/11 News 86-year old Charles Bailey and his wife, 82-year-old Myron (Juanita) Bailey died Saturday morning in a fire at their McCool Junction home.
The fire happened near Sacks Lake. Neighbors said they heard sirens and saw fire trucks early Saturday morning.
The York county attorney believes the cause to be accidental and that a fire started in the hallway area of the cabin. They are looking at an electrical hot plate as a possible source of the fire.
Autopsies are scheduled.
Charles was a former pastor at United Methodist Church in Stromsburg.
Rex Pettygrove knew the couple and said they had lived in the Sacks Lake community for several years.
Pettygrove said they were well known and well liked.
Officials say the fire smoldered itself out and the cabin is still standing.
10/11 News was unable to take photos of the property, because of the limited access to the site.