Fire Rips Through Lincoln Home Just Minutes Before Family Due Back

By: 10/11 News Email
By: 10/11 News Email

Around 8:00 Saturday morning, Lincoln Fire and Rescue responded to the call of a basement fire at 306 N 32nd street.

Upon arrival, firefighters were forced to smash through windows and saw sides of the house open to stop the flames.

One firefighter was treated and released from the hospital for heat exhaustion.

The stepson of the homeowner, who called 911, says no one was in the home at the time. His step-dad was at Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital preparing his mom to come home for the first time in months.

The stepson had just finished putting in a wheelchair ramp an hour earlier and says he didn't see smoke. When he returned, the smoke was so dense the house was nearly invisible.

It's believed combustible materials near the basement furnace
caught fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180687711 - 1011now.com/a?a=180687711
Gray Television, Inc.