Update: Cigarette Causes Fire at Vincenzo's in Haymarket

By: 10/11 News
By: 10/11 News

Lincoln Fire Inspector Chuck Schweitzer says an afternoon blaze at Vincenzo's Ristorante in the Haymarket was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette.

The fire was reported around 11:45 a.m. Monday. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control quickly, putting it out within minutes.

The fire started in the back of the building after Schweitzer said the cigarette was thrown near a back dock of the restaurant. He said the fire got into the exterior of the wall, but only caused fire damage to the first floor of the three-story building. Schweitzer said smoke caused damage to the other two floors.

Total damages are estimated at around $20,000.

The restaurant reopened just a few hours after the fire because the fire was contained to the back dock and the smoke didn't affect the restaurant operation.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 186816481