Update: Cigarette to Blame for Porch Fire at 24th & P Streets

By: 10/11 News Email
By: 10/11 News Email

Lincoln Firefighters responded to a fire at a home at 2430 P Street Monday afternoon.

Around 4:15 p.m., the man who rents the home saw and smelled smoke. He ran out and called 911.

He was the only one home and was not injured.

Firefighters broke down the door to get to the fire which started in the enclosed front porch area.

Fire Inspector Ken Hilger determined it started after a cigarette was discarded in an improper container.

The fire caused $2,000 in damage to the porch.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180903951