HASTINGS, Neb. -- A hearing was held Tuesday morning for the 9-year-old accused of fatally shooting his 4-year-old brother, Beau Pecor.
The court has ordered that Tuesday's hearing, as well as all future hearings in this case be closed to the public, due to the nature of the documents filed to the juvenile court.
The Adams County Public Defender's Office was previously appointed to represent the juvenile and a guardian ad litem was also appointed to ensure that the juvenile's best interests are represented.
The Adams County Attorney says at this time the court is ensuring that the needs and interests of the juvenile are paramount while protecting the safety to the juvenile's family and the public. All of the court's files surrounding the case will be sealed.
Paperwork shows there were warning signs before a Hastings boy shot and killed his brother.
Divorce documents for the parents of 4-year-old Beau Pecor show officials at a Hastings Elementary School had warned the mother of the 9-year-old's aggressive behavior.
The documents state school officials told the mother the child was potentially dangerous and had been making threats. Officials had also told her to remove all firearms and weapons from the home.
Police say Beau's brother shot and killed him in a Hastings home on April 18. Beau was taken to Mary Lanning Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Adams County Attorney Donna Fegler Daiss filed a juvenile petition with an allegation of manslaughter against the 9-year-old. The 9-year-old boy is currently in custody of Adams County Probation and has been placed with a relative.