Instead of offering watermelon wedges at your next party, create a tasty watermelon salad. During the summer, it seems gardens often produce watermelons in abundance. But sometimes it's hard to figure out how to use it all up.
In this House Works, Chef Chris Leon joins us with an interesting salad that uses watermelon and some other ingredients that really go together to make a memorable dish.
Watermelon and Feta Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
• 3 cups 2-inch chunks watermelon, seeded
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
• Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
• 2 tablespoons mint to taste
In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, feta, and a few generous grindings of black pepper.