It might be a little hot, but this is always the perfect time of year for a picnic...just get under a shade tree. And the perfect side dish to any picnic is potato salad. It can be made in a variety of ways. In this House Works, Chef Chris Leon joins us to share his recipe for this classic summer dish.
Creamy Potato Salad
6 medium potatoes (2 pounds)
1/2 lb bacon, prepared as in Homemade Fresh Bacon Bits
1/3 cup prepared mustard
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
1/3 cup dill pickle juice
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
2 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons salt or celery salt
2 tablespoons MRS Dash seasoning
6 hard-boiled egg, coarsely chopped and cooked yolks put to the side
1. Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender.
2. Drain well.
3. Peel and cube potatoes then refrigerate
4. Transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add onion, chopped egg whites and bacon bits.
6. Combine mayo and remaining ingredients with cooked egg yolks.
7. Add mayo mixtures to potatoes.
8. Toss lightly to coat potato mixture.
9. Cover and chill thoroughly.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.