Many people are celebrating Cinco de Mayo, which happens to be today. And you can't celebrate this day without enjoying some well-prepared Mexican dishes. And for me, guacamole has to be one of my favorites.
In this House Works, Chef Chris Leon shows us some tricks on how to make a tasty guacamole, and a strawberry salsa.
Traditional Mexican Guacamole
Original recipe makes 4 servings
· 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
· 1/4 cup chopped onion
· 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
· salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Mash avocados in a bowl until creamy.
2. Mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, and jalapeno pepper into mashed avocado until well combined; season with salt and black pepper.
1 flat (32 oz) fresh strawberries
1 pkg. tri-color bell peppers
1 jalapeño pepper
1 red onion
1 pkg. fresh cilantro
1 naval orange
2 bags cinnamon pita chips
When you get home, put on your favorite salsa music, slice the orange in half and finely chop-chop-chop one half. Clean and chop-chop-chop the other fresh ingredients. In a large bowl, gently mix the chopped ingredients with the juice from the remaining half of the orange and 1 Tbls. sea salt and 2 Tbls. Italian Reserve Olive Oil.
Serve with cinnamon pita chips for dippers and enjoy!! Cha-cha-cha!