CLICK "VIEW GALLERY" ABOVE THE VIDEO PLAYER TO SEE MORE IMAGES
Residents were temporarily evacuated from a Lincoln neighborhood Monday morning due to a gas leak.
Just after 9 a.m., Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews responded to a call of a clipped gas line at 9915 Blue Water Circle.
Battalion Chief Jeanne Pashalek says a backhoe working in the area clipped a high pressure gas line.
Black Hills Energy crews were able seal off a broken main shortly around 10:30 a.m.
According to police, several houses were evacuated while Black Hills crews worked to fix the leak. Officials say wind was a factor in their decision to block off areas near the clipped line.
Black Hills crews say if you smell gas, get out of the house and report the leak by calling 1-800-694-8989.