Lincoln Fire and Rescue Crews were on the scene of a fire at 4401 Neumann Lane in Lincoln just before noon Thursday.
Crews battling the blaze say an explosion inside the home, injured one construction worker badly enough that they had to be transported to a nearby hospital. The worker suffered burns to his hands and face, but the injuries are not considered life threatening.
Lincoln Fire and Rescue says the construction worker was applying a combination of stain and paint thinner near a gas powered water heater which triggered the explosion.
The fire damaged the homes first and second floors and while the homeowners were gone, multiple contractors were inside the home when the blaze started. The damage is estimated to be between $80,000 and $100,000 thousand dollars.