This spring, SONIC asked its crewmembers to submit their favorite original drink recipes in its SONIC Tonics Crew Contest. SONIC received more than 600 drink recipe submissions, which were filtered through consumer and operational parameters to narrow down the list to the Top 10.
"Every day we see SONIC crewmembers and customers feed their creativity by creating and naming drink combinations that aren't listed on the menu," said Danielle Vona, chief marketing officer at Sonic Corp. "It's exciting to be at a place that encourages its crew and consumers to personalize their favorites or create one-of-a-kind combinations."
SONIC is now inviting consumers to vote for their favorite crew drink combination by visiting the SONIC Drive-In Facebook page at Facebook.com/SONIC Drive-In. The top-voted drinks will be featured as official SONIC Tonics on the drive-in's fall menu.
"Our crewmembers live, eat and drink SONIC every day," said Vona. "They are our SONIC drink experts and know better than anyone how to create fun and delicious drinks."
Fans can learn more about the Top 10 crew-created drink combinations, their location of origin and the crewmember creator on the SONIC Tonics poll tab. Voters have until July 25 to choose their favorite from the following Top 10 drink combinations:
· Blue Hawaiian, a refreshing combination of Sprite®, blue coconut and real pineapple, by Vicky Baskins in Tylertown, Miss.
· Cherry & Berry Slush, a refreshing combination of cherry and real strawberry Slush, by Sara Rivas in Garden City, Idaho
· Hawaiian Breeze Slush, a refreshing combination of real pineapple and Fanta Orange Slush, by Rosemary Johnson in Tulsa, Okla.
· Orange Cream Dream, a refreshing combination of Fanta Orange, vanilla and sweet cream, by Ralanna Smith in Princeton, Ind.
· Peaches n Cream Slush, a refreshing combination of vanilla, peach and sweet cream Slush, by Dylan Burross in Fort Worth, Texas
· Pina Cream Delight Slush, a refreshing combination of sweet cream and real pineapple Slush, by Monica Hernandez in Lincoln, Neb.
· Pineberry Slush, a refreshing combination of raspberry, real strawberries and real pineapple Slush, by John Brumfield in Pawnee, Okla.
· SONIC Passion, a refreshing combination of Sprite®, peach and real pineapple, by Voni Barnes in Lampasas, Texas
· Strawberry Short Cake, a refreshing combination of Sprite®, vanilla, sweet cream and real strawberries, by Brandi Webb in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
· Very Berry Sprite®, a refreshing combination of Sprite®, cherry, cranberry and real strawberries, by Stacy Fritz in Baton Rouge, La.