Lincoln Racquet Club Reopens After Fire

By: 10/11 News Email
By: 10/11 News Email
More Video...

LINCOLN, Neb. -- The Lincoln Racquet Club opened at 1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, after an electrical fire Tuesday night.

Colleen Granger is in charge of children at the club.

"The first thing that went through my head was, were all the children out?"

Granger was worried for the kids and the people inside the health club when fire alarms went off just after 8 p.m. Tuesday evening.

Todd Mosser, owner of the club said the fire started at a busy time and he's glad everyone is safe.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue said 50-60 people had to evacuate the building.

It took crews about 20 minutes to put out the fire. LFR said they saw the fire was 30 or 40 feet in the air by the time they got there, which is why they had to use an aerial crane; they were also nervous that smoke inhalation could have been hazardous for people in the gym.

Mosser said an electrical fire started when a transformer in the neon sign malfunctioned. Since the damage is only in the gym, Mosser said everything will run like normal.

"It won't affect business at all," said Mosser. "Because the health club and the tennis center is open."

He said volleyball, rental space, and open gym basketball will be affected for at least six weeks until crews can fix the gym.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 254463751 - 1011now.com/a?a=254463751
Gray Television, Inc.