A family of four escaped a fire that destroyed their home near Filley.
The fire was broke out around 1:30 a.m. Thursday. It took firefighters about fifteen minutes to arrive at the home. Roughly 30 firefighters from three departments responded.
Tim Cowell told 10/11 News that he woke up to the smell of smoke overnight. He found smoke in the hallway, so he woke up his wife and daughter.
Everyone made it out of the house safely.
Cowell said that there were smoke detectors in the home but they did not sound.
Filley Fire District Chief Brad Robinson says it took about an hour to control the fire, which flared anew when flames found fuel in the house basement. The house was gutted.
Investigators believe the fire may have started in the fireplace.
The Cowells are staying with friends while they find a longer term solution.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.