For 125 years the Salvation Army has helped serve those in need in Lincoln. The need continues to grow, now the organization is growing with it.
The Salvation Army officially dedicated a major expansion and renovation of their building. Adding 1,300 square feet to house a larger food pantry and offices.
The project was long overdue, the original building opened in 1955 with an addition in 1973. Since then the numbers of clients has continued to rise.
The renovation added larger bathrooms, classrooms, a nursery, and a library for after school programs. One of the biggest expansions was the pantry.
The project took about seven months to complete and the $800,000 project was completely paid for through a capital campaign.
The new additions mean the Salvation Army can serve even more of those in need better than ever before.