Unclean Chimney Blamed for Water Heater Fire - Building Destroyed

By: 10/11 News Team Email
By: 10/11 News Team Email

The condition of the chimney is blamed as the cause of a fire that destroyed an out building in northeast Lincoln.

Just before 10 p.m. Sunday, Lincoln Fire & Rescue crews were called to the 3000 block of N. 52nd Street for a building on fire.

According to Lincoln Fire Inspector, Roger Chapp, the building housed a wood burning type stove which served to heat water and help heat the house.

Chapp said the chimney had not been cleaned in quite some time and appears to have stored an abundance of heat which ignited the building.

Residents of the house were not effected to require relocation.

The small building was completely destroyed and there is no estimate of damages at the time of our interview with the Inspector.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 241117541 - 1011now.com/a?a=241117541
Gray Television, Inc.