Update: Holdrege Church Fire Caused by Power Outage

By: 10/11 Central Nebraska News Email
By: 10/11 Central Nebraska News Email

An early morning fire that destroyed most of the North Park Assembly of God Church in Holdrege back in November was likely caused by a power outage.

Church officials say they've been holding Sunday services at the YMCA in Holdrege since the November 12 fire.

They say the fire was caused by an electrical-mechanical problem that was caused by a power outage.

The sanctuary and east classroom wing of the church were destroyed, but the church is still waiting to find out if they'll need to demolish the south wing as well. That area sustained heat and smoke damage.

It took 50 firefighters from Holdrege, Funk, Loomis, and Bertrand to put the fire out.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 234761521