Update: Mother Warned of Aggressive Behavior Before Boy's Shooting Death

By  | 

HASTINGS, Neb. -- New paperwork shows there were warning signs before a Hastings boy shot and killed his brother.

Divorce documents for the parents of 4-year-old Beau Pecor show officials at a Hastings Elementary School had warned the mother of the 9-year-old's aggressive behavior.

The documents state school officials told the mother the child was potentially dangerous and had been making threats. Officials had also told her to remove all firearms and weapons from the home.

Beau's brother shot and killed him in a Hastings home on April 18. Beau was taken to Mary Lanning Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Adams County Attorney Donna Fegler Daiss filed a juvenile petition with an allegation of manslaughter against the 9-year-old. The 9-year-old boy is currently in custody of Adams County Probation and has been placed with a relative.

"This is a first, it is. You know it was very hard for us to figure out one, should we file anything with the court? Did that need to be done? And after looking at all the evidence and facts that law enforcement has accumulated over the last week, we truly believe that court intervention is necessary," said Daiss.

"As we looked at the evidence we truly believed that it was no longer just an accident. I've asked that he be placed in the legal care and custody of the department of health and human services, which he has been," Daiss said.

"I was just shocked. You know our neighborhood has been so quiet since we have lived here. It's just.....amazing," said neighbor of the family Randy Loudon.

"For a cute little boy that young to be gone now, he didn't get to live his life. Hopefully next time, people will learn a lesson from this, don't leave loaded guns in your house or even have a gun close by where someone could get to it. It's just common sense." Loudon said.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus