Thank you for requesting a KOLN/KGIN-TV news dub. To insure an efficient and timely process, please follow the guidelines below.
KOLN/KGIN-TV will provide footage ONLY of what has aired in its newscasts, and then according to the terms of our tape request document. Dubs of raw footage will not be provided. Non-published or non-broadcast information is considered privileged under the State of Nebraska Shield Law, which is designed as a protection to journalists.
1) Please print, fill out the release form and send it to the station with a check within 10 days of the story’s airdate. (We do not keep shows after 14 days.)
2) The cost of one VHS or DVD dub is $50 ($46.51 plus $3.49 sales tax) and must be paid in advance. One dub per request please. An additional dub is $20. Special shows will cost $75. Schools may receive a free news dub if they were in the news segment they are requesting. (A release form must still be signed)
3) If an attorney requests a news dub regarding a lawsuit, a subpoena must be presented.
4) News reports must only be used for home use and will not be used for any commercial purpose, political purpose, promotional purpose or as evidence in any proceeding, court of law or administrative hearing.
5) The report can not be copied, edited or altered in anyway.
6) News dubs cannot be previewed by anyone before choosing to purchase a dub.
7) All news dubs will be mailed regular class once dubbed. No express deliveries.
8) Please allow at least 7 to 10 working days for the copy to be made.
9) We cannot guarantee the video piece requested has been preserved. If we do not have the requested video, we will return the check.