Grand Island Police and Fire were sent to 113 South Lane in Grand Island, where they found the trailer there engulfed in flames around 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
According to G.I. police, the fire started when a man was trying to start his charcoal grill. The grill was rusted and lit charcoal fell through the grill and his deck, into a pile of dry leaves.
Police say the man ran to get a hose on the other side of the trailer but didn't get back in time to put out the flames.
Witnesses say they heard a loud noise that sounded like an explosion when the trailer caught fire.
No injuries have been reported and no other property was damaged.
The trailer is a complete loss, but the family dog did get out just in time.