Neb. Farmers, Ranchers Can Get Conservation Funds

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Nebraska farmers and ranchers can sign up for conservation programs through the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Producers interested in soil, water and wildlife conservation or wetlands restoration can apply for funds through the USDA's Natural Resources Conservation Service.

Details about the voluntary grant programs are available online at or through local USDA service centers.

The deadline to apply is Nov. 18. However, Nebraska state conservationist Craig Derickson says funds are limited, so landowners are encouraged to get their applications in as soon as possible.

KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email :
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 132380728 -
Gray Television, Inc.