Nebraskans to Get Aid to Improve Watersheds

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Property owners have until June 15 to apply for financial assistance in improving their land in one of four impaired Nebraska watersheds.

The money comes from a national program that's managed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Natural Resources Conservation Service.

Landowners will be able to invest in conservation practices that will help provide cleaner water for their neighbors and communities.

The conservation service will provide money and expertise to landowners who opt for conservation practices such as cover crops, filter strips, terraces and other erosion controls.

The four watersheds are Cottonwood Creek in Saunders County; Holmes Creek/Conestoga Reservoir in Seward and Lancaster counties; Upper Cub Creek in Jefferson County; and Big Indian Creek in Gage County.

KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email :
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 151100165 -
Gray Television, Inc.