Convicted killer Kimberly Faust will be tried a second time in Otoe County.
Faust has sought to have the new trial moved outside the county. However, she agreed earlier this week to drop that motion after District Judge Randall Rehmeier said a jury would be selected from Sarpy County.
Faust was awarded a second trial in May after the Nebraska Supreme Court said her first one was not fair. Faust was convicted in 2000 of killing her estranged husband's girlfriend, Shannon Bluhm. She also was convicted of killing a good Samaritan who tried to save Bluhm on a road outside Palmyra.
Jury selection in her new trial will begin Jan. 2. The trial is set to start Jan. 5.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.