Flamable Carpet Adheasive Blamed for House Fire

By: Kyle Fischer
By: Kyle Fischer

A sub-contractor's mistake is being blamed for starting a house fire in north Lincoln this week.

The fire completely destroyed the home of Carrol and Linda Fountain at 7155 Morrill Avenue.

Fire inspectors say the fire began when a sub-contractor ran out of indoor carpet glue. Instead of buying more indoor glue, the installer used a small amount of outdoor adhesive to finish the job.

That small amount produced a large enough quantity of vapors to ignite when they reached the home's hot water heater.

The sub-contractor was not hurt in the fire and called 911 as he fled the home. The $75,000 home is considered a total loss with $40,000 damage to the contents of the home.

KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: front.desk@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 537287 - 1011now.com/a?a=537287
Gray Television, Inc.