Man Electrocuted

By: Andy Chaves
By: Andy Chaves

A 27-year old man died Saturday after coming contact with an electrical wire.

University of Nebraska Police say Enrique Contreras was working in a basket lift clearing snow from a UNL sorority house, when he touched a 12,000 volt electrical line.

Another man in the lift with Contreras was unhurt, and called 911. Contreras was pronounced dead at a Lincoln hospital.

Captain Carl Oestmann of the University of Nebraska at Lincoln Police says it's possible Contreras thought the wire was only a phone line.

KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email :
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 621812 -
Gray Television, Inc.