Burning Shingles Spark Grass Fire Near Scottsbluff

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Authorities say a fire that scorched 40 acres of grassland near Scottsbluff was started when two people burned some shingles they had just taken off a roof and the fire got out of hand.

The fire happened Wednesday afternoon just off a county road.

Scottsbluff Rural Assistant Fire Chief Paul Reisig says it took about two hours to get the fire under control and extinguish it.

He says firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to a
nearby feedlot and communication tower.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 147228195 - 1011now.com/a?a=147228195