Firefighters say spontaneous combustion sparked a two-alarm fire at a south Omaha factory.
The fire at the Dar Pro rendering plant in south Omaha started about 10:30 p.m. Friday. It took firefighters nearly two hours to get the fire under control.
Three workers inside the plant discovered the fire inside a processing bin. They managed to escape, and no injuries were reported.
Firefighters say the fire was caused by the spontaneous combustion of meat and bone meal stored inside the plant. The meat and bone meal is processed on site for use in pet food.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.