G.I. Woman Treated After Mobile Home Fire

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

One person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire destroyed a mobile home in Grand Island.

The fire was reported just before 9:15 a.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters say flames were coming from the front of the home as they arrived.

The four people who'd been in the home escaped. One of them, Juanita Toppe, was taken to a hospital. Fire Capt. Todd Morgan says Toppe likely inhaled smoke when she went to awaken her sleeping grandson.

Morgan says the fire was electrical and started in or near a television that was in a bedroom toward the front of the home.

Morgan says the mobile home is a total loss and that the residents lost everything in the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180428631 - 1011now.com/a?a=180428631
Gray Television, Inc.