KHS Evacuated Because of Smoke

By: 10/11 News Email
By: 10/11 News Email

Kearney Public Schools officials said no injuries were reported after the high school was evacuated Monday afternoon because a classroom was filled with smoke.

Principal Jay Dostal said an overheated heat pump is to blame.

Officials said fire trucks arrived as a precaution, but students were sent back to class minutes later.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 174267711