Neb. Officials: Fatal Fire Last Month Not Criminal

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Nebraska authorities say a fatal fire last month that killed an 8-year-old boy and his grandmother was not criminal.

The Nebraska Fire Marshal says the Feb. 23 mobile home fire in Bellevue was caused by either combustible material that came in contact with a space heater or electrical wiring problems.

Authorities have not released the victims' names pending DNA results. But family identified them as Sandy Nielsen and Devin Nielsen.

Three others escaped the fire and were transported to a hospital. They later were treated and released.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 195235651 - 1011now.com/a?a=195235651