Poisoning Forces Evacuation of Omaha High-Rise

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Omaha emergency officials say a carbon monoxide leak forced them to evacuate a downtown Omaha high-rise.

The Woodmen Tower was evacuated Thursday after people working in the building's boiler room became ill.

About 200 people working in the building were evacuated and waited inside a nearby building as firefighters cleared the Woodman Tower of the poisonous gas.

Two people who had been working in the building's basement boiler room were hospitalized as precaution.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: info@1011now.com KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: kgin@1011now.com KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email : ksnb@1011now.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184473411 - 1011now.com/a?a=184473411
Gray Television, Inc.